Tuesday, October 5, 2010

When you think "Tim McGraw," I hope you think of me...

I just did some reminiscing. circa 2005. God, what we had was so innocent, so real. What I'd give to experience that again. Now I face relationships in the adult world. With real world responsibilities, and real world expectations. Back then, we were just two kids in a magic kind of puppy love. That just doesn't happen twice.

I really did love you, despite what I thought when I was with jek, our love existed; it was real. I can try & deny it and claim he was my first love. But I'd be lying. You were my first kiss, my first magic & my first heartbreak. She is so lucky to have you, and I was just lucky to know you & have you in my life for a time. You're beautiful and wonderful and you will make her so happy for the rest of your lives. I only wish I could tell you this all person to person. But I doubt we will ever speak again. It's such a shame.

I miss your friendship. I miss you.



jrb, Thank you for my first glimpse at love. I will never forget you.

"September saw a month of tears & thankin' God that you weren't here to see me like that. But in a box beneath my bed, is a letter that you never read from three summers back. It's hard not to find it all a little bitter sweet & lookin' back on all of that, it's nice to believe. When you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think my favorite song; the one we danced to all night long, the moon like a spotlight on the lake. When you think happiness, I hope you think that little black dress--think of my head on your chest & my old faded blue jeans. When you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think of me. & I'm back for the first time since then; I'm standin' on your street. & there's a letter left on your doorstep, the first thing that you'll read is: 'When you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think my favorite song. Someday you'll turn your radio on--I hope it takes you back to that place.' When you think happiness, I hope you think that little black dress. Think of my head on your chest & my old faded blue jeans. When you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think of me."

No comments: