Sunday, April 5, 2009

there's something 'bout the way the street looks when it's just rained...

...there's a glow off the pavement; you walk me to the car. And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there in the middle of the parking lot.

I don't know. I'm so sick of how judgemental people are. It annoys me so badly that people focus so much on the way people look, how they dress, that no one takes the time to get to know the person for themselves. It's not fair. There are so many amazing people out there, but no one ever really knows them because they aren't flawless.

I can't lie. I've been judgemental too. Sometimes I see fruity outfits or messy hair, and wonder how these people leave their houses in the morning looking the way they do. But it doesn't keep me from making friends with them. A lot of those messy haired, fruity outfitted people have amazing hearts and make amazing friends.

Sorry, that was just randomly on my mind.

I've been thinking a lot about my life, and what is missing from it. Not being in a relationship has really been getting to me lately. I know exactly what is is that I am looking for. I just can't find him. I wasn't someone funny. Someone smart. Someone kind and caring. Someone who loves me. I want someone that likes to dance in the rain, watch chick flicks, and make cupcakes. I want someone who will at least tolerate, if not actually like, country music. Don't make fun of me when I'm singing Reba or Martina or Taylor. Don't roll your eyes and get annoyed when I'm swooning over Garth or Kenny or Keith. I love country music, and if you can't handle that, you're not the one for me. There's so much I'm looking for; so much I'm wanting...I'm just so afraid I'll never find it.

...I'm tryin' so hard not to get caught up now. But you're just so cool; run your hands through your hair, absent mindedly makin' me want you. & I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me head first: fearless. & I don't know why, but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress; fearless.

xoxo
Allyson Rae
"peace, love & music."

No comments: